Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Our little miracle



I meant to post this letter to him since the day of his birthday but I got busy and nervous about preparing for his party and it had been super busy at work and never had a chance to do so. So here’s my letter to my little Wyatt Ritisak Lewis.

Our little boy Wyatt Ritisak Lewis came into the world on Saturday September 20, 2008. He weighed in at 9.6 and measured 22.00 inches-what a very healthy boy!

We cannot believe how much we love him since that very moment that we met him at the hospital.....it is indescribable!


My Dearest Sweet Baby Boy!


Tomorrow is your big day. We will be celebrating your first birthday this Saturday September 19, 2009 at El Dorado Park. Your daddy and I kind of compared pictures of you through emails... when you were just a tiny little baby. It’s amazing how time flew by so fast but there are so many clear memories that I have of this last year.


I remember the very moment you arrived in this world… and your first cry. The nurses placed you on my chest… I remembered asking your daddy to give me my glasses so that I can see you better. You were such a very beautiful baby!! Very handsome!! Tears came running down my cheeks because I was so happy and thrilled to see your perfect face and forgot all about the pain and discomfort I had earlier. You healed my pain, my worries and made me the happiest mom in the world.


The first time I nursed you in the hospital; when you first fell asleep in my arms. The next day we brought you home. In that moment I made a promise in my heart that I wanted to be the best Mommy to you possible. I remember sometime I just lay next to you at night just looking at your face and kissing you in your sleep and oh!... I remember many, many sleepless nights ;-) but even in those moments… I was feeling peace and happy knowing that YOU were in my life… Our first cuddles in the morning and the ones at the end of each day. You are our little good luck charm and you remind me to slow down and appreciate life more and never take it for granted. You are truly the root of my happiness and you bring nothing but a joy to me, to your daddy and everyone in our family.


Words can not describe how much I love you and you always have that special place in my heart forever. Never for one moment since you have been in my life have I taken you for granted, and I promise you that I never will. Every time you walk by me… smiling.. Laughing.. Giggling.. Every time you learn new things… every time I see you grow bigger I am so proud but very sad because I can not stop the time so you can stay small forever. But at the same time I am filled with anticipation and excitement for all of the precious moments ahead!

I know that you will not remember this very special year… But I will!!! May all the coming years bring as much joy and happiness as your first.. My love baby boy! Happy Birthday baby Wyatt!!!

Love,

Mommy





No comments: